Promise, the semi-annual magazine of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, provides updates and in-depth features on the innovative and world-leading care, research and teaching taking place at St. Paul’s.
- Receive a free mail subscription for future issues by emailing your name and address to email@example.com
- View back issues of Promise Magazine
The current issue: Spring/Summer 2015
- Disease elimination: Dr. Julio Montaner and the BC-CfE at St. Paul’s take on eliminating hepatitis C and other communicable diseases
- Frontlines: Excimer laser transforms cardiovascular surgery; Helping Ebola patients in Sierra Leone; 2014 Lights of Hope; Pioneering disaster care; Great ways to give
- Women facing high-risk pregnancies receive comprehensive care
- Groundbreaking research to test and treat deadly sepsis
- Simulation mannequins as educational tools for clinicians
- Comprehensive care for patients with high blood pressure
- Breakthroughs: Sight-saving laser technology
- Photo essay: Innovative work at the Centre for Heart Lung Innovation at St. Paul’s
- Q & A: Meet award-winning ear specialist, researcher and mentor Dr. Brian
Cover story: Eliminating disease
Dr. Julio Montaner and the BC-CfE at St. Paul’s Hospital are applying skills gained through 30 years of HIV/AIDS research to eliminate hepatitis C and other communicable diseases.
Watch a video of Dr. Julio Montaner
Watch a video of Tiko Kerr
- Excimer laser transforms cardiovascular surgery
- Nurse Jasmine McEachern helps Ebola patients in Sierra Leone
- 2014 Lights of Hope raises $2.62 million
- Calendar of events
- St. Paul’s pioneering disaster care
- Great Ways to Give
Top-tier maternity care
Women facing high-risk pregnancies receive comprehensive care from a multidisciplinary team of specialists at St. Paul’s Maternity Centre.
A new test and treatment for severe, life-threatening sepsis is the focus of groundbreaking research at St. Paul’s.
Practice makes perfect
Life-like computerized simulation mannequins allow medical teams at St. Paul’s to practise life-saving responses to medical crises.
Regulating blood pressure
St. Paul’s Hospital’s Hypertension Clinic provides comprehensive care to patients with high blood pressure.
Breakthroughs: Sight-saving lasers
Learn how new laser technology at St. Paul’s Eye Clinic will transform care for patients with cataracts and glaucoma.
Photo essay: Heart and lung innovation
See some of the innovative work at the Centre for Heart Lung Innovation at St. Paul’s.
Q & A
Meet award-winning ear specialist, researcher and mentor Dr. Brian Westerberg.