Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research and enhanced patient care at St. Paul’s Hospital.
If you are interested in being part of our team, please see:
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation always welcomes resumes from people who are interested in joining our team in the future. Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Development Officer (permanent full-time)
The Development Officer will work with the Chief Development Officer to help secure donations in support of the SPHF mandate.
- Manage and grow an assigned portfolio of Leadership Gift prospects/donors/partners to secure gifts of $1,000,000 or more to the Foundation. This will include identification of new prospects as well as growing current relationships. While this portfolio will primarily focus on individuals and may include some corporations and foundations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding gifts for the assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors.
- Coordinate and participate in strategy meetings before donor/stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare briefing documents in preparation for meetings with donors and key stakeholders and debriefing documents once the meeting has taken place.
- Implement follow-up steps and strategies from the meeting.
- Develop terms of reference for partnership agreements with universities, foundations and other partners, as well as gift agreements for donors.
- Working with Communications, research and write compelling proposals for Leadership Gifts.
- Prepare correspondences and reports as needed.
- Working with the Manager Stewardship and Donor Relations, recognize and steward donors for gifts that are received; and with the Events Coordinator maintain and coordinate stewardship activities, including recognition events, tours, donor wall, naming opportunities, etc.
- Review communications and stewardship materials to ensure full and correct donor information, including related Promise magazine articles.
- Follow established procedures on Raiser’s Edge database for tracking and qualifying prospects, and for recording and reporting gifts, and ensure that all communications, contacts, correspondences and actions are recorded.
- Manage and track donor activity of Chief Development Officer and President & CEO, monitor and maintain relationships and prepare and meet annual revenue and expense budget together with the Leadership Gifts team.
- Prepare an annual work plan together with the Leadership Gifts team.
- Review prospect/donor lists for activities such as cultivation events.
- Ensure processing of donor gifts, pledges and receipts.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures as needed.
- Develop good working relationships with key hospital staff.
- When required, and in conjunction with key hospital staff, work to develop fundraising priorities for the Foundation.
- Help plan and develop new fundraising strategies for Leadership Gift prospect activity.
- Ensure successful execution of all activities to meet and exceed donor expectations.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Chief Development Officer.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques of charitable giving and become informed about the tax aspects of charitable gifts and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts.
- When applicable, work with other development and Foundation teams to further the mandate and goals of the Foundation.
- Accommodate flexible hours; attend events.
- Assist in other duties as required to further the goals of the Foundation.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in an applicable discipline.
- Minimum of two years experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to:
- maintain accuracy and attention to detail;
- exercise diplomacy and discretion;
- deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous and effective manner;
- prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing; and,
- analyze and effectively resolve problems.
Application deadline: Monday, March 31, 2014.
Position start date: Negotiable.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Philippe (Phil) Gérard
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are available on-call to support a variety of short-term administrative projects.
- Assist with small to large mail outs
- Assemble and organize packages
- Have availability during business hours
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Commitment to the mission of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation
- Meet other volunteers who share similar interests
- Gain valuable experience volunteering for a major hospital foundation
Please phone 604-806-9646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.