Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research and enhanced patient care at St. Paul’s Hospital.
If you are interested in being part of our team, please see:
- Title: Database Manager, St Paul’s Hospital Foundation
- Working conditions/Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours/ week), with occasional attendance at evening or weekend events/meetings
- Term: Permanent full-time
- Salary: $70,000 to $75,000, plus benefits and a pension plan
- Reports to: VP Operations & CFO
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation welcomes applications for this unique opportunity to join an experienced and enthusiastic team of professionals to raise funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, B.C. This position works with a variety of important organizational priorities, and therefore offers diversity in tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit industry
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge Administration
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, Word
- Experience with Crystal Reports XI would be an asset
- Demonstrated Managerial skills
- Strong organization & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
Key Outcomes: Provide database support to the Foundation Team – 80%
- Manage overall integrity and administration of Raiser’s Edge database – ensure data cleanup and correct information entered
- Ensure adherence of set standardization (data processing, issuance of tax receipts, data input, etc.)
- Support fundraisers and senior leadership with lists, reports, exports, queries, training as the resident Raiser’s Edge “expert”
- Prepare mailing lists and reports as needed (promise magazine, direct mailing, Holiday Cards, invite lists, recognition reports, etc.)
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Management and Board Members
- Prepare and distribute disbursement reports on a monthly basis
- Manage pledges & updates in Raiser’s Edge database
- Administer global changes to the Raiser’s Edge database
- Import data from external sources (Excel, Word) into Raiser’s Edge
- Attend planning meetings with fundraisers to ensure proper coding and procedures for mailings, lists, reports, etc.
- Adjust gifts and records as needed
- Add flags in Raiser’s Edge for special cases (ex. Loyal donor pop-ups, family donors, annotations, notes, etc)
- Explore ways to improve database efficiency
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training to staff
- Manage Raiser’s Edge security access
- Assist with donation processing during peak periods
- Act as liaison with Method Works Consulting, IT department, including Raiser’s Edge software upgrades
- Develop policies and procedures regarding database
- Monitor and ensure that shared drives are not full
- Provide support for foundation events as required
- Handle external contacts’ inquiries as needed
- Project coordination with HSSBC regarding the IT environment
Key Outcomes: Provide support to the Vice-President, Operations & CFO – 20%
- Collaborate with Vice-President, Operations & CFO to process complicated stock/share, Gift-In-Kind, online, Not-A-Donation types of donations
- Process Gift of Securities in Raiser’s Edge
- Generate gift and fund reports as requested
- Generate Month-End Gift Detail Reports
- Generate pledge updates
- Assist with annual Fiscal Year-End Audit – prepare working papers, generate various fund reports (receipted, unreceipted, GIK, Service Clubs, etc…)
- Assist with annual Charity Return (reports: total receipted/unreceipted, stocks)
Key Outcomes: Supervise Database Team (1 to 2 people) – Daily
- Supervise and provide support to Database Assistant, contractors, and volunteers on database-related projects
- Ensure overall data input meets Foundation’s standards (ex. Setup new records with abbreviated address types)
- Assign tasks to Database Assistant, contractors, and volunteers
- Co-ordinate with Database Assistant on deadlines for month end projects
- Arrange and train contractors to provide support during peak periods
- Act as backup when Database Assistant is on holiday (process donations, prepare bank deposits, prepare Accounts Payable, prepare bank reconciliation, update disbursements database, etc.)
- Internal Contact – Foundation Staff, Providence Health Care Staff: IT Dept, Hospital Staff, Doctors, Assistants
- External Contact – HSSBC, Method Works Consulting, Blackbaud
- Reports to CFO/VP Operations
- Commensurate on experience
About St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s Hospital is a major academic health science centre located in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. The hospital is part of Providence Health Care, one of the largest faith based health care organizations in Canada.
Some of the specialized health care services provided at St. Paul’s are heart, kidney and HIV/AIDS, emergency, surgery, critical care (ICU) gastro-intestinal, diabetes, psychiatry, eating disorders, maternity and palliative care. Many of these serve patients from across the province. In addition, St. Paul’s is B.C.’s only centre for highly specialized services such as heart transplant and cochlear (hearing) implants.
As a teaching hospital, St. Paul’s also plays a vital role in providing new health care professionals with the opportunity to acquire specialized training and skills. In addition, research is an integral part of St. Paul’s programs. For basic science research, the hospital is also home to the Centre for Heart Lung Innovation, a world-class facility focused on heart, lung and blood vessel diseases.
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation facilitates the work of Providence Health Care as it continues to grow as a community, regional and academic health science enterprise that is a recognized leader, and a major player, in the provision of health care within British Columbia. This is achieved by raising funds and building relationships in support of enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Email your cover letter and resume in confidence by April 17, 2015 to:
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are available on-call to support a variety of short-term administrative projects.
- Assist with small to large mail outs
- Assemble and organize packages
- Have availability during business hours
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Commitment to the mission of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation
- Meet other volunteers who share similar interests
- Gain valuable experience volunteering for a major hospital foundation
Please phone 604-806-9646 or email email@example.com.
Volunteering at the hospital
In addition to volunteering with St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, a number of on-site opportunities are also available at the hospital. Please visit the Providence Health Care website to learn more.