Our dedicated and talented staff and volunteers play a key role in the success of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research and enhanced patient care at St. Paul’s Hospital.
If you are interested in being part of our team, please see:
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation always welcomes resumes from people who are interested in joining our team in the future. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Development Officer will work with the Chief Development Officer to help secure donations in support of the SPHF mandate.
- Manage and grow an assigned portfolio of Leadership Gift prospects/ donors/ partners to secure gifts of $1,000,000 or more to the Foundation. This will include identification of new prospects as well as growing current relationships. While this portfolio will primarily focus on individuals and may include some corporations and foundations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding gifts for the assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors.
- Coordinate and participate in strategy meetings before donor/ stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare briefing documents in preparation for meetings with donors and key stakeholders and debriefing documents once the meeting has taken place.
- Implement follow-up steps and strategies from the meeting.
- Develop terms of reference for partnership agreements with universities, foundations and other partners as well as gift agreements for donors.
- Working with Communications, research and write compelling proposals for Leadership Gifts.
- Prepare correspondence and reports as needed.
- Working with the Manager Stewardship and Donor Relations, recognize and steward donors as gifts they are received; and with the Events Coordinator maintain and coordinate stewardship activities including recognition events, tours, donor wall, naming opportunities, etc.
- Review communications and stewardship materials to ensure full and correct donor information, including related Promise magazine articles.
- Follow established procedures on Raiser’s Edge database for tracking and qualifying prospects and for recording and reporting gifts and ensure that all communications, contacts, correspondence and actions are recorded.
- Manage and track donor activity of Chief Development Officer and President & CEO, monitor and maintain relationships, prepare and meet annual revenue and expense budget together with the Leadership Gifts team.
- Prepare an annual work plan together with the Leadership Gifts team.
- Review prospect/ donor lists for activities such as cultivation events.
- Ensure processing of donor gifts, pledges and receipts.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures as needed.
- Develop good working relationships with key hospital staff.
- When required, and in conjunction with key hospital staff, work to develop fundraising priorities for the Foundation.
- Help plan and develop new fundraising strategies for Leadership Gift prospect activity.
- Ensure successful execution of all activities to meet and exceed donor expectations.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Chief Development Officer.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques of charitable giving and become informed about the tax aspects of charitable gifts and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts.
About St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation:
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is a registered charity that raises funds for medical equipment, research and enhanced patient care at St. Paul’s Hospital, a world-leading academic health science centre located in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
St. Paul’s Hospital cares for more than 380,000 patients a year from throughout British Columbia, including many of our most vulnerable and marginalized populations. Our research programs look for ways to advance health care treatment and prevention for patients locally and around the world, enabling St. Paul’s to achieve many “firsts” in patient care. As a teaching hospital with affiliations with the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University, St. Paul’s also plays a key role in shaping tomorrow’s medical leaders today.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Philippe (Phil) Gérard, President, Gérard Consulting – Fundraising Talent Management
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are available on-call to support a variety of short-term administrative projects.
- Assist with small to large mail outs
- Assemble and organize packages
- Have availability during business hours
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Commitment to the mission of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation
- Meet other volunteers who share similar interests
- Gain valuable experience volunteering for a major hospital foundation
Please phone 604-806-9646 or email email@example.com.